Friday, December 31, 2010

My Dress

 

My pattern is currently winging it's way to Australia from the US but you can see what it looks like from the above picture.  I love the shoulder princess style in blouses or dresses and so I snapped this pattern up as soon as I saw it.  This is my first time sewing with a vintage pattern (actually the first time I've bought a vintage pattern) and I think working with only a few pattern pieces is going to make for easier fitting adjustments than if I had picked a more complicated style.  I also had no idea where to go searching for vintage patterns however I did find this one on Etsy.   Since then I've found out about The Blue Gardenia which has an enormous amount of vintage patterns.  
For me, this is the year of being thrifty, not buying new patterns (vintage is okay), using my stash and only buying fabric if it's on sale or in a thrift store.  I have hardly any summer fabrics in my stash, there is mainly autumn/winter weight fabrics so I am on a hunt for something to make my dress with!! 

2 comments:

  1. I love princess lines too, they do tend to have a lovely fit. Good luck fabric shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a big fan of princess seams - beautiful fit.

    ReplyDelete