Saturday, January 1, 2011

Givenchy Dress


This is my dress-the shorter version! The fabric arrives Monday- okay , nothing in the stash was suitable. After looking over this pattern several times, it really needs to be a solid color and with some crispness. A pattern would be very busy and poofy. I have short legs.......I need to stick with monochromatic colors..........

I hope to cut out the muslin for the bodice today. After that, I hope to work on a perfect fit. I will post fabric once it arrives!

I also want to research the pattern a little more. I would like to know what history it has, if any. I will share this, if I come up with any information.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

5 comments:

  1. I love this dress so much and can see you wearing it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh - a Givenchy, that is special!
    Looking forward to seeing what fabric you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Will it be black? I could see in black!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooh, this one looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see this one made up! It will look amazing.

    ReplyDelete