Sunday, January 9, 2011

Change of Plans: Let's Try This 1959 Jacket


And this is why we make muslins, ladies! I made my first choice, the 1968 mod spring coat muslin, and while it's cute, it's not what I had in mind for the fabric I already own. So I'm tabling it and I'm on to muslining this late 50's jacket I just bought from Phyllis's Etsy shop. The dark jacket, described as a "lightly fitted cutaway jacket in continental style." How chic is that. So I'll make the muslin tomorrow and take it from there. Better luck this time.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, muslins can be our best friend.

    Love the "continental" style jacket. You are the Jacket Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very chic! Love the cutaway hem, and it will be interesting to see how the cut varies from today's jackets.

    ReplyDelete