Saturday, January 15, 2011

McCall 4803 - Grading the Pattern

I've had the most fun reading everyone's progress!  My patterns finally arrived this week too, so I was able to get started.  Here is my trouser, McCall 4803:


First order of business was tracing and grading the pattern since the waist on this one is 26" and I haven't personally seen a 26" waist (at least not on my body!) since 1987.

I created a little tutorial on how I grade up pants (and skirts) on my regular blog, Quality Time. You can go read the tutorial there if you'd like! 


As a plus-size vintage lover, I've had to invest lots of time to little tricks to use these lovely patterns that, more often than not, are way too small.

Now I'm off to muslin!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Angie, for help in sizing up your way - I too, always need to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to go and have a look at your blog. I hadn't really factored in the different sizing back then and yest I probably had a 27 inch waist in 1987 also.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the link to your tutorial. I need all the help I can get in that area.

    ReplyDelete