Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Introduction and Fabric Choices

Hello! I'm Selina and I blog at Bona Fide Bombshell. I'm an experienced seamstress, but that doesn't mean there isn't always a new technique to learn or inspiration to be gained from being a part of a sew-along! Plus, I could use the motivation to complete this:


The pattern is from the 1930s, and I'll be making the jacket. The muslin is currently cut out waiting to be sewn up... Here is a picture of my fabric choices (with help from the boyfriend) for the jacket itself:


The coating is 50% wool and 50% cashmere in a lovely dark navy blue. So soft! (Confession: I was petting it the whole way home...) The lining is possibly a poly-rayon, I bought it back in October and didn't even recall the content then! It has a gold paisley pattern which is more reflective than in the photo. Photos of a completed first muslin to come :)

1 comment: