Sunday, January 2, 2011

DIDN'T I SAY THAT I WOULDN'T BE JOINING ANOTHER SEW ALONG FOR QUITE SOME TIME???:

I know, I know, nobody twisted my arm to join I just kinda wanted to be a part of this. I heart plaid pleated wool skirts, so when Joanne told me this circa 1980's pattern qualified as vintage I jumped right on in, yes, yet another sew along boat.

My fabric is a wool blend that I scooped up at Hancock's last year.  The pattern is one that I found at a thrift junk store that me and my friends cruise every once and a while.  It reminds me of a skirt I made back in the 80' that I loved so much.  The pattern challenge is that it's a size 12, and I am clearly not there (not with all of my holiday eating that is).  So I will need to grade up at least one size to make it work for me.  I think it's quite doable.  This a unique pattern because the pleats are located at the side of the skirt.  I'm already planning the look I want for this project:  a black or red sweater, black wool blazer, boots, gloves, and my hat.  I can just see me wearing it now.


Vintage pattern circa 1980

2 comments:

  1. Whew Faye. I almost thought you were wavering.
    Great pattern and yes- you did just join another sewalong
    (evil laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're in Faye - I love a good tartan, and yours looks a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete