Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cut Velvet for Adele

What am I thinking? I couldn't find appropriate fabric to do my muslin this afternoon at the local, so I just freak out, go ahead and order 2.5 yards of 54 inch cut velvet from Thai Silks which suddenly I envisaged dying a lovely blue-grey to keep the 1920's feeling of the design.
Have I lost my mind? Is this what happens when you join a sewalong? Next thing you know, I'll be ordering an ivory cigarette holder to go with it, and I certainly don't even smoke.

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be beautiful, but yes, one does lose one's mind when participating in a sewalong. I am kicking myself for making a jacket and having to think about things like structure and support. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I love the idea of the cig holder!

    ReplyDelete