Sunday, January 2, 2011

A House Dress Re-Imagined

Hello everyone! I go by ladykatza (or Lady K) and my blog is Peanut Butter Macramé. I will be working on a house dress pattern from the 1940's. I have actually been searching for a pattern like this since seeing Ralph Lauren's Spring 2010 collection. Here's the pattern:



I do not yet have the fabric, but I will be doing the 3/4 sleeve version out of a cotton poplin or similar fabric. The pattern instructions call for bound buttonholes so I think I might just cut my teeth on those for the first time. I'll be searching for fabric and post it here soon. Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

  1. This is a great pattern. Ralph Lauren Shirtdress? It is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I love that pattern! It will look great, can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirtdresses are so chic! Are you making it in a plain or check?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sherry - I am actually doing it in a blue floral with red buttons!

    ReplyDelete