Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1940s "Empire Waist Trousers"

Hello everyone! I'm Ashley from Bramblewood Fashion and several other blogs. I've been sewing clothing for 5 years this month. But sewing in general since '95 when I was five years old.


After much thinking, and finding that some of my vintage patterns have gone missing, I decided on Decades of Style 1940s Empire Waist Trousers pattern. Fitting pants is something I don't understand yet, and they have been on my "to do" list since August of last year. I figured this sewalong would give me the push I needed to get started. The fabric I'm using is a lightweight pinstripe wool that was given to me.

~Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Nice pattern and fabric!
    These trousers are a great example of what goes around comes around in fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcake goddess is currently running a trouser sew along with lots of guidance about fitting trousers. http://www.thecupcakegoddess.com/

    ReplyDelete