Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sewing From the 60's

Hi, I'm Shannon and my blog is Frogs in a Bucket. This is my first time participating in an official sew-along. It sounded like so much fun, I just couldn't resist.

I'll be making McCall's 2206, an A-line dress from 1969:

I have not decided which sleeve I'll be using yet. I'm leaning toward the long sleeve version because it's cold right now, but I'm wondering if I'd get more wear out of the short sleeve version. I'll decide when I get the muslin done.

This will be my first vintage pattern. I made a vintage repro last year of a similar dress and I was thrilled with the results. I can't wait to try the real thing.

I'm really excited to see all of the lovely vintage patterns that are going to be sewn up and shared here. This is going to be so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh this is cute - I'd wear this too! I love the long sleeves - they generally cut a nice fitting sleeve in those days.

    ReplyDelete