Monday, January 3, 2011

Muslin 1, Advance 8524

Here is my first muslin for the sewalong, View 2 of Advance 8524.

These photos are NOT flattering to me at all. I know that. But I also know that I am not the only grandma in the world with a muffin top. Or a large waistline. Or less-than-perky boobs. So in the interest of helping all others so afflicted, I have shelved my pride and will show these hideous photos.

Here we go, darts too high:



Too much fabric above boobs, waist too tight:

One shoulder drag lines:


Gap at back neck, waist still too tight:

Wonky side seam:



For more in depth analysis of what I'm going to do with this hot mess, go look at my blog.
Happy Muslin Day!

3 comments:

  1. I had to giggle at your description! But I'm excited to see your progress. I'll be watching (and not in a creepy way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fine! Sounds like you're on the right track with the alterations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way putting up photos in unflattering calico but it helps others and you can get valuable feedback. And after your 100th dress you won't care at all!
    It sounds like you know what you are doing - will you increase the waist first to see if it 'solves' any other problems?

    ReplyDelete