Saturday, January 8, 2011

Muslin 2, Advance 8524 fitting ideas

Hi Juliane (Retro Grace) -
I went to your blog and saw more pictures and looked for an email address so I could send you these ideas.
I'll just post here.

It looks like you've been hard at work and you have addressed the issues with ease and bodice length.  Your diligence is paying off!   I have a few more ideas that may help.
How do you get this bodice on? I don't see a zipper anywhere!  Is it under the arm?

click to see larger image
Juliane, have I interpreted your muslin correctly?  Did you include seam allowances?

I posted about narrow upper chest on my blog not too long ago.  Another blogger who makes a concave chest adjustment is KayY and here is a link to her explanation of tucks in the upper chest.

Feel free to email me if you have questions.
I hope this helps.
Robin (alittlesewing)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Robin, this is great! Thank you so much for posting this. I know what I'll spend the evening doing tonight.

    Really, thank you. I know this took a lot of your time and trouble. This sewalong is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it works out! I agree, this sew-along is a great way to help each other. You'll be helping me with your feedback on my suggestions.
    Hope it helps!!

    ReplyDelete