Saturday, January 1, 2011

McCall Skirt w/ Pockets

Hello, everyone.  My name is Kristine, and my blog is "Just Keep Sewing".  I live in Michigan, and learned to sew about 20 years ago when I was in middle school.  I've never sewn a vintage pattern before, but am very excited to do so!  I've got a few in my pattern stash, some purchased, some won, and some handed down from my mother.  I'm going to start simply, with this basic a-line skirt from a McCall pattern.
The pattern is clearly "McCall" singular, not plural like the current title.  I wonder when and why that change happened?

Anyhow, I've got some lovely chocolate brown wool gauze from Gorgeous Fabrics for this little project.  If all goes well, I've got a great 50s Patt-O-Rama sundress in red polka dots to make up, too!
No markings on the pattern paper, just circular holes.  This one makes me shake in my boots...

4 comments:

  1. Both your patterns look nice. I really like the sound of the red polka dot sundress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unmarked patterns are much, much simpler than they look. The instruction sheet will explain everything. I had a huge block about unmarked patterns for a long time, more's the pity because I passed up some amazing patterns because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda like a Marfy of the 50's.
    You can do it Kristine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you sew with the unmarked pattern you'll be hooked! It's actually SO much easier to make all of your markings because of the pre-punched holes and notches! Here's a tip...3 in a row usually means place on fold.

    McCall added the 's in 1952! :)

    ReplyDelete