Sunday, January 2, 2011

My vintage pattern

My name is Carol and my blog is Sew, I've Been Thinking ... I bought my pattern at the op shop last year for the princely sum of 20c and it's been hovering around the top of my pile for six months. It's Simplicity 6218 with a copyright of 1965. I absolutely love cowl backed dresses and this one instantly brought Doris Day to mind for me.


I bought this fabric even earlier, with no idea what I would use it for. This isn't a good shot, but it is some sort of burnout poly/cotton with a lotus flower-ish design. As it is too sheer to use alone, I will underline the body of the dress with red voile, but keep the back drape sheer.


I had intended for this to be my 2010 christmas dress, but I never got around to making it, so perhaps it can be my christmas 2011 dress!

There are some lovely patterns chosen and I look forward to seeing what everyone is up to. Oh, and Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I *adore* your pattern!!! 20 cents? Wow, you are a very lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous pattern, so elegant - and what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy yummy yummy yummy! Fabric, pattern, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pattern! looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete