Saturday, January 15, 2011

Greetings and salutations

Having signed up as soon as I heard about the sew-along, it has taken me a while to post, but better late than never, right? I have hatched and scratched a few plans for this project and have settled on this Simplicity 7509  from 1970.


A year or more ago a friend helped me to fit a muslin of it, and I never got back to it, so this sew long is the perfect motivation. However, I have lost about a dress size since then, so I will be working on the muslin some more before I upload pics.

I am not 100% decided on fabric yet. I have some lovely royal blue linen that was gifted to me by a friend, but I fear there will not be quite enough. I will try some creative pattern laying laying out, but if I can't make it work I might use a russet red cotton that is in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment