Sunday, January 2, 2011

1950's Shirtdress

Happy New Year. I am Cindy from the blog ,colour by number. It took me awhile to narrow down my decision. My collecting of vintage dress patterns have exceeded the actual production of them! I decided to make a 1950's shirtdress.
My plan is to make bodice muslins of the above patterns. Eventually I would like to make both of these shirtdresses. I am leaning towards the first one for the sewalong. It appears to be a "basic"design which could be dressed up or down depending on fabric. There are TNT possibilities. Now the second has a dressier appeal for me. I would love to make a new LBD.
So this is where a I stand. This week I plan to make up the bodice muslins
.
I will leave you with the fabric that I ordered which may work for the sewalong. Look forward to seeing your patterns!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, nice choice! The TNT possibility is the same reason I chose the 40's shirt-waist dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both these and would have trouble deciding too. Making both solves that problem!
    The sleeves on both are cute, and are those tucks coming from the neckline on #2?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry-- there are tucks at the neckline with a stand up collar. Definitely a dressier look than the first pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice. Fabric is lovely.

    ReplyDelete